Church Opens Door to Fire Victims

firephoto 2

Fifteen people lost all their possessions.

SLOAN, IA (December 30, 2015) – Residents displaced by a fire that destroyed their apartments were able to get out of the cold when the Evangelical Covenant Church, which is located across the street from the two-story structure, opened its doors to them.

The families, including one that attends the church, lost all their possessions.

Pastor Richard Moore was one of the first people to call in the blaze and also saw a county sheriff break the fall of a woman who dropped from a second-story window. She was only slightly injured.

“Crazy. It was crazy,” Moore told the local newspaper.


News Uncategorized


    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *