CHICAGO, IL (June 5, 2015) — Gather ’15, which includes the Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Covenant Church and Experience Kansas City, is just three weeks away and it is important that churches send delegates so that they can speak into the life of the broader denomination.
The meeting will be held June 25-27 in the Sheraton Hotel at Crown Center in Kansas City, Missouri. Registration remains open, and Covenanters from all churches are encouraged to be present.
Delegates will not only get to speak into the life of the Covenant, they will also have much to take back to their own congregations.
Among the important takeaways from attending Gather ’15:
– Knowledge that the Covenant is making a difference in the smallest communities, largest cities, and poorest countries.
– Inspiration to consider how your church might contextualize evangelism and justice ministries such as the ones that will be visited during Experience Kansas City, including Freedom Fire Urban Ministries, which ministers to under-served communities; Christ the Servant Covenant Church, which has been offering “unsuspecting acceptance” to criminal offenders and their families; and Mission Adalante, which welcomes and disciples immigrants and refugees from around the world.
– Discovering and re-discovering the joy of being part of a larger body as it comes together to worship and service.
– Lessons learned through educational experiences.
– The satisfaction of having made an important contribution to the broader ministry and being able to share with their local congregation all the vital ministry the Covenant is doing.
– Some of the world’s greatest barbecue seasoning and sauce from any number of restaurants – whether they be located at a gas station or establishments with linen tablecloths. (Make sure you pack the sauce in checked bags or you’ll lose it to the TSA at the airport.)